So now Em and I find ourselves on the wierd and wonderful West Coast. We pretty much booted it up the coast and are now in Karamea in the BEST backpackers ever! Its called Rongo and honestly, its worth coming to Karamea for - esp if you are hippie inclined (Jared I saw your writing on the wall - sweet!) Yea so we did the first day of the Heaphy yesterday and came back out today. Gold! Crazy crazy coastline with gigantic waves and heaps of nikau forests. We survived the so-called 5hrs sweet as - just have a few bruises. Oh and Em nearly fell over half a million times - and I thought I was the un-co one! Must be those paddle feet of hers :P (hehe! I love this coz she can't respond to my harassing!)
Before coming up here we went and did the glacier thing - were disappointed to find you can hardly walk close to Franz at all!! Way different than I remember - I'm not a stupid tourist!! So therefore I should be able to go closer. nevermind
had a grey yucky night in greymouth where we succumbed to the lures of the holiday park and a warm shower. did the monteiths tour the next morning - 10am - walked out an hr later considerably less sober. hehe!!
and spent the weekend in good ol westy! unfortunately my old flattie keri was in oz at the time but caught up with my friend kirsten who was nice enough to let us sleep in her spare room. FINALLY went for a surf - out at the tip - soooooo great!! felt fantastic to be back in the water. not even cold! em stood up but i didn't manage to - its been so long!! also managed to catch up with my friend guy who was back for uni hols and the twins mitch and kenny. we went out for some drinks with them on saturday night. the bustling night life of wp!! haha!!
right thats me - my book is calling. more soon - and photos in the next coupla days coz we're heading to Blen for a bit.
love yas!
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment